Western Europe Lodging Centre
Africa Lodging | Canada Lodging | Caribbean Isles | Central America
Eastern Europe Lodging | Eastern Nations | Mexico Lodging | Oceania Lodging
South America | Western Europe Lodging | Lodging FAQ | My Reservations
United States: Gulf Coast States | Northeast | Northwest | South Atlantic Coast | Southwest
Europe, conventionally one of the seven continents of the world. Although referred to as a continent, Europe is actually just the western fifth of the Eurasian landmass, which is made up primarily of Asia. Modern geographers generally describe the Ural Mountains, the Ural River, part of the Caspian Sea, and the Caucasus Mountains as forming the main boundary between Europe and Asia. The name Europe is perhaps derived from that of Europa, the daughter of Phoenix in Greek mythology, or possibly from Ereb, a Phoenician word for "sunset."
Some of the hotels, motels and resorts available for booking in our reservation network include, Ramada Inn, Marriott Hotels, Super 8 Motels, Econo Lodge, Holiday Inn & Holiday Inn Express, Travelodge, Hampton Inn, Sheraton, Hilton, Best Western, Hyatt and Hyatt Regency, Wyndham Inn, Ritz and Ritz Carlton, Days Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, La Quinta Inns, Comfort Inn and Comfort Suite, Embassy Suites, Quality Inn, Radisson Inn, Sleep Inn, Numerous Resorts and Resort Villas throughout the globe, along with Plaza and Plaza Suites and and array of private and Golf Clubs and Golf Resorts.
Select a country or location from the list below or to the left to see the hotels and motels throughout Europe, that have reservations available through our network. Other
regions are listed near the top and at the bottom of this page.
- Andorra - parliamentary principality, southwestern Europe, the eastern Pyrenees Mountains
- Belgium - (French Belgique; Dutch België), constitutional monarchy in northwestern Europe
- Faeroe Islands - island group, an integral part of Denmark, located; North Atlantic Ocean,
- France - (French République Française), republic in western Europe,
- Gibraltar - British dependency, comprising the rocky promontory, called the Rock of Gibraltar
- Ireland - British Isles, westernmost & second largest of the group, in the North Atlantic Ocean,
- Luxembourg - officially Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, country in western Europe,
- Portugal - republic, southwestern Europe, situated in the western portion of the Iberian Peninsula,
- Scotland - administrative division of the kingdom of Great Britain,
- Spain - (Spanish España), constitutional monarchy of southwestern Europe,
- Switzerland - (French Suisse; German Schweiz; Italian Svizzera), republic in west central Europe,
- United Kingdom - United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland, a parliamentary monarchy in northwestern Europe,
Includes listings for Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Albania - republic in southeastern Europe, located in the western part of the Balkan Peninsula
- Austria - (German Österreich), republic in central Europe,
- Belarus - independent republic in eastern Europe
- Bosnia - Bosnia and Herzegovina, republic in southeastern Europe
- Bulgaria - republic in southeastern Europe, situated in the Balkan Peninsula.
- Croatia - (Croatian Hrvatska), republic in southeastern Europe, on the Balkan Peninsula
- Cyprus - republic, and third largest island in the Mediterranean Sea
- Czech - Czech Republic, landlocked republic in central Europe,
- Denmark - monarchy in northwestern Europe, the southernmost of the Scandinavian countries
- Estonia - (Estonian Eesti), republic in northeastern Europe
- Finland - (Finnish Suomi), republic in northern Europe,
- Germany - Federal Republic of (German Bundesrepublik Deutschland), country in central Europe,
- Greece - officially, Hellenic Republic (Greek Ellinikí Dimokratía), country in southeastern Europe,
- Hungary - (Hungarian Magyarország), landlocked republic in central Europe,
- Iceland - (Icelandic, Ísland), island republic, in the North Atlantic Ocean,
- Italy - (Italian Italia), republic in southern Europe,
- Latvia - (Lettish Latvija), republic in northeastern Europe,
- Liechtenstein - Liechtenstein, independent principality in central Europe;
- Lithuania - (Lithuanian Lietuva), republic in northeastern Europe,
- Macedonia - region in southeastern Europe, in the south central part of the Balkan Peninsula
- Malta - independent republic in the Commonwealth of Nations, a small group of islands
- Moldova - independent republic in southeastern Europe,
- Monaco - small independent principality of Europe, forming an enclave in southeastern France,
- Netherlands - also known unofficially as Holland, constitutional monarchy of northwestern Europe
- Norway - Kingdom of Norway (Norwegian Kongeriket Norge), monarchy in northern Europe
- Poland - Republic of Poland (Polish Polska Rzeczpospolita), country in central Europe,
- Romania - republic in southeastern Europe, bounded on the north by Ukraine;
- Russia - independent republic in eastern Europe and Asia,
- San Marino - republic in southern Europe, an enclave in northern Italy
- Serbia & Montenegro - Serbia (Serbo-Croatian Srbija), constituent republic of Yugoslavia
- Slovakia (Slovak Republic) - landlocked republic in central Europe,
- Slovenia - (Slovenian Slovenija), republic in southeastern Europe, in the Balkan Peninsula,
- Sweden - Konungariket Sverige (Kingdom of Sweden), constitutional monarchy in northern Europe,
- Turkey - officially the Republic of Turkey (Turkish Türkiye Cumhuriyeti), southeastern Europe
- Ukraine - republic in eastern Europe,
The second smallest continent (Australia is the smallest), Europe has an area of about 10,525,000 sq km (about 4,065,000 sq mi), but it has the second largest population of all the continents, about 728 million (1994 estimate). The northernmost point of the European mainland is Cape Nordkinn, in Norway; the southernmost, Punta de Tarifa, in southern Spain near Gibraltar. From west to east the mainland ranges from Cabo da Roca, in Portugal, to the northeastern slopes of the Urals, in Russia.
Some "Europe," information Microsoft® Encarta® 97 Encyclopedia.
© 1993-1996 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Andorra • Belgium • Faroe Islands • France • Gibraltar • Ireland • Luxembourg • Northern Ireland • Portugal • Scotland • Spain • Switzerland • United Kingdom • Wales • Site Search • Section Index • Site Map
February 07, 2011 05:41 PM.